As Halloween is just around the corner, here are a few tips to keep your pets safe.
Keep treats away from your pets The sweet bowl is for trick-or-treaters. Several popular Halloween treats are toxic to pets. Chocolate in all forms—especially dark or baking chocolate—can be very dangerous for cats and dogs, and sugar-free candies containing the sugar substitute xylitol can cause serious problems in pets.
Keep Decorations and Keep Wires Out of Reach
Keep lit pumpkin away from your pets as can be knocked over easy and start a fire. kittens are especially at risk being nosy and could get burnt or singed by candle flame. Popular Halloween plants such as pumpkins considered relatively nontoxic, but can produce stomach discomfort in pets who nibble on them.
Be Careful with Costumes For some pets, wearing a costume may cause undue stress. If you do dress up your pet for Halloween, make sure the costume does not limit his or her sight, movement or ability to breathe, bark or meow. Check the costume carefully for small, dangling or easily chewed-off pieces that could present a choking hazard.
Be sure to have your pet try on the costume before the big night. If he or she seems distressed or shows abnormal behavior, consider letting your pet wear his or her “birthday suit”.
Have a safe Halloween.....